Video content has made it possible for businesses to reach their target audience in cost-effective and innovative ways, and it can deliver serious ROI as part of your overall marketing strategy.
Here are some thoughts on how to grab your audience’s attention and maintain their interest with video.
On average, we retain 10% of what we hear, 20% of what we read, and 80% of what we see. That’s because the human brain can process visual cues more accurately than written language. Visuals are simply easier to recall than words.
That said, without the right ingredients, people may not be interested in watching yours. The key is to give the viewer reasons to devote their time to you. The most effective way of doing this is by adding value to your video.
When evaluating whether your video adds value, simply ask how interesting the story is. Will it offer solutions to the viewer’s challenges? Will they benefit from watching it with a free trial or discounts? When a customer enjoys a video and the value is there, social shares and word of mouth will move your video to others, which in return will provide additional impressions without additional investment.
Engage the Customer
The quality of the content in your video and its visibility will make it more appealing to viewers and potential customers, especially if you’re able to deliver your message in a clear and concise manner. Here are a few ways to engage via video:
- Narration is key. Be sure to use a voice that stands out from others and provides a feeling of confidence and excitement. A distinguishable voice that is easily comprehended and highly motivated will compel the viewer to continue watching the video and take an interest in your product or service.
- Be clear about your product or service. Don’t overcomplicate your video by getting mired down in insider details. Tell the viewer what they’re there to hear, and assure them you know how to help them. If the video doesn’t immediately get to the point, you will lose their interest, therefore losing the opportunity. There is an abundance of visual media out there for consumption. If you’re asking for someone’s attention, it’s your responsibility to make it worth their while.
- Avoid errors. The worst way to lose a customer’s trust is by showing them you don’t proofread your work. Your credibility will be lost if your video contains spelling and grammatical errors, incorrect math, or flawed layouts. Show them you are a professional in every detail of your content.
- Add links to your services. If a consumer is interested in your services, they will likely want more information. Add a call to action to lead your video. This will create conversation and more leads for future business.
- Avoid distracting audio. Music or sound effects that are too abrupt or loud for the viewer often disrupt their ability to focus on the bigger picture. Try using music and effects that support the overall mood of the video.
In order to effectively stand out in a fast paced and constantly progressing market crammed with digital customer experiences, it’s essential for brands to provide visually distinct and easily digestible content. Convey emotion and create connections with your audience. Be clear and concise with your intentions and ensure the audience you have what it takes to provide them with the best possible services for their needs.
Looking for assistance with videos that grab your customers’ attention? Contact us here for more information.