Technical Project Manager
The Client Facing Technical Project Manager will be responsible for providing project planning and management for complex and cross-functional technical projects in the digital and ecommerce space. Ideal candidates can demonstrate the ability to maintain and grow deep client relationships, work well within a highly collaborative environment, and display a high attention to detail.
- Project scope: understand the project ask, dive into root cause, including processes and potential business improvements. and ensure all stages of project are met (requirements, design, funding, build, etc.).
- Financials:, build business case, submit accurate monthly forecasts, manage budget.
- Project schedule: develop and maintain project schedule. Own the schedule to make sure all relevant teams stay on track
- Status updates: manage communication to all groups including working team, stakeholders, peripheral teams and executive sponsors. Create and deliver updates when appropriate
- 5+ years IT and/or business experience, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
- 5+ years experience in digital commerce and marketing applications
- Technical Expertise - Demonstrates a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in a current technical/functional area, keeps up to date on technical developments, stays informed on industry best practices, and knows how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
- Communication Skills- Possesses the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management and capable of developing successful formal and informal communications based on project need and audience.
- Integrity and Trust – Is capable of quickly instilling a firm level of trust with teams and clients, and is seen as a direct, truthful individual. This person can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Teamwork - Works well in a collaborative setting, supports the work team by volunteering for and completing assignments, acts as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, and develops and maintains both formal and informal relationships. Success is defined in terms of the entire team through mentoring and knowledge transfer.
- Client Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal/external clients, gathers customer information and looks for improvements. Always acts with the customer in mind, establish and maintain effective relationships, and gain their trust and respect.
- Dedication - Demonstrates a desire to dedicate time and energy to accomplish goals, tasks, assignments, etc. Will do what it takes to get things done.
- Partners with Client - Acts as valued partner to the client, you develop relationships, deal honestly and effectively with business partners, and is seen in a positive light by the business/client.
- Patience - Listens and checks before acting, is tolerant with people and processes, and tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting.
- Task Management – Delivers quality work on time, translates planning into action by following applicable established procedures or methodologies, proactively monitors and controls task status by collecting and analyzing task data to anticipate and address barriers, appropriately communicates and resolves or escalates any problems that arise.
Greater Philadelphia Area